Own a piece of gaming history with this stunning and elegant game set, featuring the Mesopotamian Royal Game of Ur and ancient Egyptian Senet. Featuring stylized thematic artwork from both cultures, and designed to resemble an ancient sarcophagus, this game set is sure to be not only a beautiful decorative piece, but a great pastime as well. This handcrafted wooden set of racing games can be both intriguing and challenging, and will make an excellent addition to an avid gamer's collection as well as a great way to enjoy some quality time with family and friends.
• MADE TO ORDER
• HANDCRAFTED with pyrographed artwork & stained accents
• LEAD TIME: 5 weeks (from time of purchase to shipping day; timeframes can be affected by workload, holidays, etc. – please inquire if a specific due date is needed)
• FREE SHIPPING for domestic U.S. orders
• WOOD TYPES AVAILABLE: Cherry, Maple (wood is finished with a satin lacquer)
• ARTWORK AVAILABLE: As depicted in Photos (variances in final motif will naturally occur). Custom artwork requests always welcome!
• MEASUREMENTS: 12x6x3.5 inches [LxWxH] (completed/assembled product)
• PLAYING PIECES/PAWNS: 10 pawns (Senet), 16 checkers (Ur), 4 casting sticks, 4 pyramidal dice (all pieces stored in box/stand)
• ADDITIONAL INFO: Inside of box is felted; the reversible board magnetizes to the box/stand.
• HOW TO PLAY:
o A game of Senet begins with 5 pieces or pawns from each player being placed alternating on squares 1-10 of the board (these squares are furthest from the marked 'reward' squares). Casting sticks, colored on one side and plain on the other, are used to determine movement; moving from square 10 to square 11 and onward in a zig-zag pattern along the remainder of the game grid, always crossing onto the next row at the ends. Landing on a square containing an opponent's piece is considered an attack, and the pieces are exchanged. There are squares that are considered safe for any piece residing on them, as well as a space that is considered a trap. Three or more pawns in a line is considered a blockade, and no opponent piece may pass. Pieces landing on the last square (30) remain until the start of that player's next turn; if that player has no pieces on the starting line (1-10), then at that time, the piece can be removed. The object is to move all five pieces off the board in this way before your opponent.
o The Game of Ur is played using two sets of seven game pieces. The game board is composed of two rectangular sets of boxes, one containing three rows of four boxes each and the other containing three rows of two boxes each, joined together by a narrow bridge of two boxes. The game play involves elements of both luck and strategy. The object of the game is for a player to move all seven of their pieces along the course and off the board before their opponent. There can never be more than one piece on a single square at any given time, so having too many pieces on the board at once can impede a player's mobility. Movements are determined by rolling a set of pyramidal dice; other versions use binary-colored casting sticks. The number of marked or colored ends facing upwards after a roll or throw indicates how many spaces a player may move during that turn. In order to 'escape' the board, a perfect throw, relative to the moving piece's position, is necessary.
• A rules pamphlet with rules for both games is included with the game.
• SOCIAL MEDIA / WORLD-WIDE WEB:https://www.ignitedartsdesign.comhttps://www.mainemade.com/members/ignited-arts-design
PLEASE NOTE: All of my items are crafted by me, in my home studio and workshop. I am a one-man show, with no ‘production partners’ to help mass-produce any item (though I will source pawns, etc. from quality reputable dealers). Be assured that when you buy an item from me, you are getting a distinctive creation from the original maker. Given the inherent nature of the handcrafted work, time frames for more complex creations, whether the complexity is the art, the build, or a combination of both, can be extensive. Please be patient; I communicate and update customers regularly with the status of their unique creation(s).