IN-STOCK & READY TO SHIP!
“As the Wheel of Time turns, places wear many names. Men wear many names, many faces. Different faces, but always the same man. Yet no one knows the Great Pattern the Wheel weaves, or even the Pattern of an Age. We can only watch, and study, and hope.”
Inspired by Robert Jordan's "Wheel of Time" series of books is this highly detailed, handcrafted wooden game board, in actuality the game of Chinese Go, an ancient game of military strategy and capture, that is reputed to be the basis of the game of 'Stones' played and referenced by many of the characters in the book series. Completely handcrafted and decorated, this board is a tribute to Robert Jordan's immersive series, and can be a thoughtful, unique gift for readers and game enthusiasts alike.
Pictures are of the actual board you will receive upon purchase. Bowls and marbles featured are ALSO INCLUDED. This board was created as an early model / picture example for the customizable listing, found here: https://www.etsy.com/listing/1148499706/stones-game-chinese-go-full-sized-game
• READY TO SHIP
• HANDCRAFTED with pyrographed artwork
• FREE SHIPPING with insurance for Domestic U.S. orders
• LEAD TIME: 2-3 days (from time of purchase to shipping day; timeframes can be affected by holidays, etc.)
• WOOD TYPE: Maple (all woods are sealed with a satin lacquer)
• EDGE STYLES: Burnt / charred.
• ARTWORK: As pictured.
• MEASUREMENTS: 19x15x1 inches [LxWxH] (completed/assembled product)
• PLAYING PIECES/PAWNS: 181 black marbles, 180 white marbles (+ extras for potential loss)
• HOW TO PLAY: There were several sizes of Go played over the centuries; this particular size is the traditional and widely recognized version. The Go board begins the game empty of pieces, with the less experienced player using the black pieces and beginning the game. Players take turns to place one of their stones on an empty intersection; two or more stones adjacent to each other form a chain. An empty intersection beside a chain is known as a liberty. A chain remains alive while it has at least one liberty. A stone must be placed somewhere it has at least one liberty, or it must adjoin a chain which retains at least one liberty. A stone or entire chain is captured by surrounding it so it has no liberties; the group is removed from the board and kept by the player who has captured it. When stones are captured, either player can occupy the empty points. A stone or chain which is completely surrounded but which retains its liberty is known as a prisoner. It remains on the board but is removed at the end of play. A situation can arise, called 'ko', where a capture followed by a recapture would create a repeated position. Immediate recapture is not allowed; the second player must make another play before recapturing the stone. The game is over when neither player can capture further territory, nor place further stones that would affect the final outcome. This is the case when both territories are in absolute contact. The player who has captured the most territory wins the game.
A rules pamphlet is included with the game.
• SOCIAL MEDIA / WORLD-WIDE WEB:https://www.ignitedartsdesign.comhttps://www.mainemade.com/members/ignited-arts-design
PLEASE NOTE: All of my items are crafted by me, in my home studio and workshop. I am a one-man show, with no ‘production partners’ to help mass-produce any item (though I will source pawns, etc. from quality reputable dealers). Be assured that when you buy an item from me, you are getting a distinctive creation from the original maker. Given the inherent nature of the handcrafted work, time frames for more complex creations, whether the complexity is the art, the build, or a combination of both, can be extensive. Please be patient; I communicate and update customers regularly with the status of their unique creation(s).