"Voyage To Valhalla" is a contemporary imagining of the ancient Egyptian game of Senet, a racing game where players must get all of their playing pieces to the afterlife while attempting to avoid the various pitfalls and setbacks along the track. This particular version of that ancient game envisions small fleets of Viking ships undertaking the journey, with several spaces marked on the board as traps and areas of refuge. The first player to get their entire fleet to the golden halls of Valhalla wins the game! The game is handcrafted and decorated with pyrographed thematic artwork, with the added option of a tray in which the board rests - fully lined in jeweler's velour, for storage of the pieces or even a special keepsake item or two - making the game a very useful and functional piece of art. Perfect for admirers of the Viking culture and board gamers alike, this game will make a very attractive addition to any collection.
• MADE TO ORDER
• HANDCRAFTED with pyrographed artwork and laser-engraved exotic wood inlays
• FREE SHIPPING with insurance for Domestic U.S. orders
• LEAD TIME: 2-3 weeks (board only), 4-5 weeks (board with tray) [from time of purchase to shipping day; timeframes can be affected by workload, holidays, etc. – please refer to the Shop Announcement for posted info on creation time frames, or inquire via messages if a specific due date is needed].
• WOOD TYPES AVAILABLE: Cherry, Maple (all woods are sealed with a satin lacquer)
• EDGE STYLES AVAILABLE: Burnt, Carved*, Plain [options marked with * not available with tray orders]
• ARTWORK AVAILABLE: as shown (board); 9 designs available for tray border; custom artwork requests are always welcome!
• MEASUREMENTS: 21x10x1 inches - Board, 21x10x3 inches - Board + Tray [LxWxH] (completed/assembled product)
• PLAYING PIECES/PAWNS: 18 laser-engraved/created Viking ships, 2 runic dice (extras are included in case of loss [cotton drawstring bags for storage included]
• UPGRADES / ACCESSORIES:
>Color Enhancements - add colorful details to your board:
• HOW TO PLAY: Players each start the game with 6 ships. The game consists of 3 stages as each of the opponents move their fleet along the coils of Jormungandr, the Serpent of Midgard. The first row represents the fjords and harbors of home; the second row is the open ocean, where battles are fought and damaged ships find refuge for repairs, and the third row represents the final leg of the journey, where blockades can be formed, shelter taken, or a ship can be dashed upon the rocks of a dangerous shoal. The 4 runes on the die each equal a number, from 4-1, with the 2 blank sides equaling 0. Players begin with their fleets off the track; starting with the first player, the die is rolled and that player moves their ship the number of spaces along the track. In the case of a space being occupied by the other player, the rolling player forfeits that turn - this is only done when ships first enter the board, along the 'fjords' part of the track. Once entered unto the board, any piece may jump over any other piece, with the exception of blockades that may be formed on row 3. Gameplay continues in a turn-based manner, each player rolling the die and moving 1 ship, all the while battling their opponent's ships, running aground and needing to repair at the 'Shipyard', forming blockades to block small sections of the track, etc. - until all 6 of a player's ships have exited the track by landing directly on the last square (an exact roll is required).
A rules pamphlet is included with the game.
• SOCIAL MEDIA / WORLD-WIDE WEB:
PLEASE NOTE: All of my items are crafted by me, in my home studio and workshop. I am a one-man show, with no ‘production partners’ to help mass-produce any item (though I will source pawns, etc. from quality reputable dealers). Be assured that when you buy an item from me, you are getting a distinctive creation from the original maker. Given the inherent nature of the handcrafted work, time frames for more complex creations, whether the complexity is the art, the build, or a combination of both, can be extensive. Please be patient; I communicate and update customers regularly with the status of their unique creation(s).
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 7 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 14 days of delivery
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Due to the nature of the majority of my work, and the typical amount of business that comes through my shop, wholesale items are not available.
Please contact me before placing an order should you desire customizations not outlined or offered in any particular listing.
During the Christmas holiday season, I can quickly become VERY busy; typically putting in 12 hour days in order to make holiday shipping deadlines.
Please plan ahead - I begin taking Christmas orders in late August, but due to workload, I will close the shop to further made-to-order requests the first week of December. Ready to ship items remain listed and ship as stated in their listing.
In the case of any custom or Made To Order item, I try very hard to meet the listed production/ship time for the listed item. However, I am a one-man shop, and the handcrafted nature of the work, particularly during busy periods, can cause delays. If you require your item by a specific date, please inquire first. I do not rush the work, as I want each piece to be exceptional and worthy to the person purchasing it. Thank you for your patience and understanding, and of course, your patronage!