Drinking Horn Stand or prop, crafted from quality hardwood and embellished with a thematic wood-burned design; perfect for the mead-loving Viking or anyone who loves the experience and feel of drinking from a rustic horn. Throw axes or play a challenging game of Hnefatafl knowing that your beverage of choice is safely awaiting your patronage. Show your personal style in an artistic fashion with this beautifully shaped and adorned drinking horn stand. Handcrafted and decorated with cutting edge technology, then sealed with natural finishes to protect the wood and artwork as well as enhance their appearance.
This is a MADE TO ORDER item, typically requiring 1 week for production. The pictures are for example only; drinking horns featured are NOT included.
• A drinking horn stand made of beautiful 3/8-inch thick hardwood, for keeping a filled horn upright or to simply display a favorite decorative drinking horn. Other more exotic wood types, such as bloodwood, wenge, etc. are available for a additional fee - please message me for details.
• The stand is precision cut with a laser engraving machine, with a 2-inch hole for the horn which is beveled slightly to better catch and hold the horn. Each stand is then hand sanded and finished smooth. Approximate size of the stand is 8 inches long (high) by 4 ½-inches wide. Slight variances will occur due to the different shapes available.
• Artwork is burned into the surface of the wood by hand utilizing the art of pyrography, or wood-burning. Artwork is positioned so as to be easily viewed when in use.
• Artwork readily available is displayed on a chart located in the photos. Custom requests are warmly welcomed! There are so many possibilities artistically that they just cannot all be displayed. Please contact me with your custom request!
• A design or verbiage complementary to the selected artwork for the body of the stand will decorate the top of the horn stand. Unless specifically requested, this is typically at the discretion/choice of the artist, and paired with the nature of the work, guarantees a unique overall design.
• The stand and its artwork are preserved with multiple applications of a linseed oil and beeswax mixture, enhancing the details of both motif and wood. A microcrystalline wax (Renaissance brand) is also rubbed into the surface to make any water or beverage spilled onto the surface bead right away.
• Stands include a beaded lanyard for tucking into a belt or cinching at the wrist, positioned so as not to interfere with the artwork or function.
You can keep up-to-date on events and projects in the works on:
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 7 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 14 days of delivery
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Due to the nature of the majority of my work, and the typical amount of business that comes through my shop, wholesale items are not available.
Please contact me before placing an order should you desire customizations not outlined or offered in any particular listing.
During the Christmas holiday season, I can quickly become VERY busy; typically putting in 12 hour days in order to make holiday shipping deadlines.
Please plan ahead - I begin taking Christmas orders in late August, but due to workload, I will close the shop to further made-to-order requests the first week of December. Ready to ship items remain listed and ship as stated in their listing.