Enjoy the ability and choice of playing two traditional-style board games with this beautifully handcrafted set! Select any two traditional games to be paired on the opposing surfaces of a board crafted from quality hardwood. Alquerque, Asalto, Morris, Chess, Hnefatafl, Dama, Halatafl, Daldosa, Fox & Geese, Hounds & Hare, Senet, Ludus, Puluc, Patolli - the list of games goes on and on! Select games from IGNITED's shop, or request other games - the possibilities are endless! A felted tray enables the board to easily be flipped over while protecting both the board and tabletop surfaces. Pieces for the games selected are included!
This is a highly customizable MADE-TO-ORDER item, with an estimated completion time of 3-4 weeks typically. Ordering this item begins the process of building a truly unique and custom game set; the initial fee is credited toward the final build total, which is decided and agreed upon by the customer and creator. Please be accessible to messages within the Etsy platform concerning your prospective build, and prepared with knowing what games you wish on the two sides, as well as some ideas for artwork. The boards pictured are only photographic examples. Your board will be created to your selected specifications - no two boards will EVER look the same.
A high-res library of all readily available artwork designs can be found here: https://www.ignitedartsofmaine.com/art-selection-library
• Game board constructed of 3/4" thickness hardwood (your choice of cherry, mahogany, poplar, maple, or walnut); handcrafted and decorated with your choice of art ,edge, and inlay style, if applicable.
• All artwork is achieved through the use of pyrography, the art of wood-burning.
• A framed tray, created from wood to match the board and a maple plywood panel, is utilized to protect the board surfaces and tabletop as well. The bottom inner panel of the tray is felted in a complementary color. The tray is created to be slightly larger than the board game; allowing for ease of use while nicely framing the play area.
• Game pieces are included for whichever games are represented on the two sides; these are created in-house or by a woodworking supplier in Maine, from predominantly maple wood. (Other options, such as "Glass Gems", are also available).
• Please use the drop-down selectors to choose which WOOD and EDGE TYPE you wish to have for the final product. The initial fee of $25 is credited toward the final amount once the board art and games have been decided upon.
• At checkout, in the 'Note To Seller' box, indicate which two games you are requesting to be paired on the Binary Board, as well as any other requests regarding art, etc. I will then contact you through the Etsy messaging system (within 1 business day maximum), and the creation of your ideal game board will begin!
• Due to the great amount of possible variations, game pairings, and artwork, this 'Custom Order' process is perhaps the best method to achieve the goal of creating a completely unique and personal game board set.
• Games available are virtually ANY traditional board game, not just those offered in the IGNITED shop.
• Please note that there will be certain limitations in pairing particular games together. For example, pairing a narrow Puluc game with a broader Chess game may be more difficult to properly build and adorn with artwork. Not impossible, but certainly more challenging and complex of an overall build.
• Overall size of the board and accompanying tray will be dictated by the games selected and final details worked out by the buyer and creator.
You can keep up-to-date on events and projects in the works on: