Asalto is a 19th-century traditional board game for two players, related to the much older medieval game Fox & Geese. The game was popular enough to be marketed during the Victorian era in England and Germany. This handcrafted wooden game will challenge even veteran players of the hunt strategy-style games, pitting one player under siege against an opponent with a massive attacking force. The board can feature a historically-inspired motif, and is created as a functional piece of art with heirloom potential, sure to bring enjoyment to many generations.
• MADE TO ORDER
• HANDCRAFTED with pyrographed artwork
• FREE SHIPPING with insurance for Domestic U.S. orders
• LEAD TIME: 3 weeks (from time of purchase to shipping day; timeframes can be affected by workload, holidays, etc. – please refer to the Shop Announcement for posted info on creation time frames, or inquire via messages if a specific due date is needed).
• WOOD TYPES AVAILABLE: Cherry, Maple [Sample Chart included in Photos] (all woods are sealed with a satin lacquer)
• EDGE STYLES AVAILABLE: Burnt, Inscribed, Plain [Sample Chart included in Photos]
• ARTWORK AVAILABLE: 25 designs [Sample Chart included in Photos] Custom artwork requests always welcome!
• MEASUREMENTS: 11x11x1 inches [LxWxH] (completed/assembled product)
• PLAYING PIECES/PAWNS: 26 parcheesi-style pawns (cotton drawstring bag for storage included)
• UPGRADES / ACCESSORIES:
Color Enhancements - add colorful details to your board:
• ADDITIONAL NOTES / INFO: Intersecting points of play grid are inlaid with contrasting yet complementary wood(s)
• HOW TO PLAY: Asalto is played by two players on a cross-shaped grid; the playing spaces are linked by lines to indicate allowable directions of movement. One end of the board is also marked out as the fortress, encompassing nine squares in total. One player has two officers, and the other has twenty-four rebels which are placed on the board, filling every space outside the fortress. The two officers are placed anywhere in the fortress, at the discretion of the player who controls them. Only one piece may occupy a point at any one time. Officers cannot leap over each other, and rebels cannot leap at all. An officer can capture a rebel by leaping over him onto a vacant space beyond. If the officers' player fails to make a capture when one is available, then the rebel player may point out the missed capture and remove that officer before continuing with his own move. If the officers are trapped by the rebels so that they are unable to move, they lose the game and the rebels win; if both the officers are removed, then they have lost and the rebels win. If the officers capture so many rebels that their task becomes impossible, then they win the game.
A rules pamphlet is included with the game.
• SOCIAL MEDIA / WORLD-WIDE WEB:
PLEASE NOTE: All of my items are crafted by me, in my home studio and workshop. I am a one-man show, with no ‘production partners’ to help mass-produce any item (though I will source pawns, etc. from quality reputable dealers). Be assured that when you buy an item from me, you are getting a distinctive creation from the original maker. Given the inherent nature of the handcrafted work, time frames for more complex creations, whether the complexity is the art, the build, or a combination of both, can be extensive. Please be patient; I communicate and update customers regularly with the status of their unique creation(s).
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 7 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 14 days of delivery
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Due to the nature of the majority of my work, and the typical amount of business that comes through my shop, wholesale items are not available.
Please contact me before placing an order should you desire customizations not outlined or offered in any particular listing.
During the Christmas holiday season, I can quickly become VERY busy; typically putting in 12 hour days in order to make holiday shipping deadlines.
Please plan ahead - I begin taking Christmas orders in late August, but due to workload, I will close the shop to further made-to-order requests the first week of December. Ready to ship items remain listed and ship as stated in their listing.
In the case of any custom or Made To Order item, I try very hard to meet the listed production/ship time for the listed item. However, I am a one-man shop, and the handcrafted nature of the work, particularly during busy periods, can cause delays. If you require your item by a specific date, please inquire first. I do not rush the work, as I want each piece to be exceptional and worthy to the person purchasing it. Thank you for your patience and understanding, and of course, your patronage!