The Morris games are amongst the oldest games known to man, and throughout the centuries have seen multiple surges in popularity and further expansion. On this board, players have the option of playing either of the two most popular variants of the game; Nine- and Twelve-Men’s Morris, each game with its own rules for movement and differing piece counts per player. An ancient strategy game, handcrafted from quality hardwood, with contrasting wood inlays at the grid points and pyrographed artistic decoration surrounding the playing grid. This fully customizable traditional board game is a piece of functional art that will challenge the mind and please the eyes for generations.
• MADE TO ORDER
• HANDCRAFTED with pyrographed artwork
• FREE SHIPPING with insurance for Domestic U.S. orders
• LEAD TIME: 3 weeks (from time of purchase to shipping day; timeframes can be affected by workload, holidays, etc. – please refer to the Shop Announcement for posted info on creation time frames, or inquire via messages if a specific due date is needed).
• WOOD TYPES AVAILABLE: Cherry, Maple [Sample Chart included in Photos] (all woods are sealed with a satin lacquer)
• EDGE STYLES AVAILABLE: Carved, Carved & Charred, Inscribed, Plain [Sample Chart included in Photos]
• ARTWORK AVAILABLE: 25 designs [Sample Chart included in Photos] Custom artwork requests always welcome!
• MEASUREMENTS: 11x11x1 inches [LxWxH] (completed/assembled product)
• PLAYING PIECES/PAWNS: 24 glass marbles - colors may vary according to availability, but will complement board (cotton drawstring bag for storage included)
• UPGRADES / ACCESSORIES:
Color Enhancements - add colorful details to your board:
Laser-Engraved Inlays - add precise graphical elements to the playing grid:
• HOW TO PLAY: Morris, also known as ‘Merels’, the 'Mill Game', or simply ‘Mills’, is a strategic three-in-a-row game. Two players each have an equal number of pieces and play on a board of 24 intersected points, with allowable placement and movement depending upon the variant being played. The players strive to make rows of three along the marked lines, first by placing the pieces on the board one at a time (as in tic-tac-toe), and then by moving the pieces from one point to another along a marked line. Forming a row of three pieces (called a ‘mill’) allows a player to remove an enemy piece. It is possible to achieve stalemate during the placement phase of this game; if nobody has made a 'mill' then the pieces may not move and the game is declared a draw. A player wins the game by reducing the enemy to two pieces (thus negating any chance of forming a mill).
A rules pamphlet for the 2 variants of the game is included.
• SOCIAL MEDIA / WORLD-WIDE WEB:
PLEASE NOTE: All of my items are crafted by me, in my home studio and workshop. I am a one-man show, with no ‘production partners’ to help mass-produce any item (though I will source pawns, etc. from quality reputable dealers). Be assured that when you buy an item from me, you are getting a distinctive creation from the original maker. Given the inherent nature of the handcrafted work, time frames for more complex creations, whether the complexity is the art, the build, or a combination of both, can be extensive. Please be patient; I communicate and update customers regularly with the status of their unique creation(s).
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 7 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 14 days of delivery
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Due to the nature of the majority of my work, and the typical amount of business that comes through my shop, wholesale items are not available.
Please contact me before placing an order should you desire customizations not outlined or offered in any particular listing.
During the Christmas holiday season, I can quickly become VERY busy; typically putting in 12 hour days in order to make holiday shipping deadlines.
Please plan ahead - I begin taking Christmas orders in late August, but due to workload, I will close the shop to further made-to-order requests the first week of December. Ready to ship items remain listed and ship as stated in their listing.
In the case of any custom or Made To Order item, I try very hard to meet the listed production/ship time for the listed item. However, I am a one-man shop, and the handcrafted nature of the work, particularly during busy periods, can cause delays. If you require your item by a specific date, please inquire first. I do not rush the work, as I want each piece to be exceptional and worthy to the person purchasing it. Thank you for your patience and understanding, and of course, your patronage!