The Morris games are amongst the oldest games known to man, and throughout the centuries have seen multiple surges in popularity and further expansion. On this board, players have the option of playing either of the two most popular variants of the game; Nine- and Twelve-Men’s Morris, each game with its own rules for movement and differing piece counts per player. An ancient strategy game, handcrafted from quality hardwood, with contrasting wood inlays at the grid points and pyrographed artistic decoration surrounding the playing grid. This fully customizable traditional board game is a piece of functional art that will challenge the mind and please the eyes for generations.
• MADE TO ORDER
• HANDCRAFTED with pyrographed artwork
• FREE SHIPPING with insurance for Domestic U.S. orders
• LEAD TIME: 3 weeks (from time of purchase to shipping day; timeframes can be affected by workload, holidays, etc. – please refer to the Shop Announcement for posted info on creation time frames, or inquire via messages if a specific due date is needed).
• WOOD TYPES AVAILABLE: Cherry, Maple [Sample Chart included in Photos] (all woods are sealed with a satin lacquer)
• EDGE STYLES AVAILABLE: Carved, Carved & Charred, Inscribed, Plain [Sample Chart included in Photos]
• ARTWORK AVAILABLE: 25 designs [Sample Chart included in Photos] Custom artwork requests always welcome!
• MEASUREMENTS: 11x11x1 inches [LxWxH] (completed/assembled product)
• PLAYING PIECES/PAWNS: 24 glass marbles - colors may vary according to availability, but will complement board (cotton drawstring bag for storage included)
• UPGRADES / ACCESSORIES:
Color Enhancements - add colorful details to your board: https://www.etsy.com/listing/786439555/color-enhancements-upgrade-option-to?ref=shop_home_active_8&frs=1
Laser-Engraved Inlays - add precise graphical elements to the playing grid: https://www.etsy.com/listing/865368284/laser-engraved-inlays-upgrade-item-for?ref=shop_home_active_37
• HOW TO PLAY: Morris, also known as ‘Merels’, the 'Mill Game', or simply ‘Mills’, is a strategic three-in-a-row game. Two players each have an equal number of pieces and play on a board of 24 intersected points, with allowable placement and movement depending upon the variant being played. The players strive to make rows of three along the marked lines, first by placing the pieces on the board one at a time (as in tic-tac-toe), and then by moving the pieces from one point to another along a marked line. Forming a row of three pieces (called a ‘mill’) allows a player to remove an enemy piece. It is possible to achieve stalemate during the placement phase of this game; if nobody has made a 'mill' then the pieces may not move and the game is declared a draw. A player wins the game by reducing the enemy to two pieces (thus negating any chance of forming a mill).
A rules pamphlet for the 2 variants of the game is included.
• SOCIAL MEDIA / WORLD-WIDE WEB:https://www.ignitedartsdesign.comhttps://www.mainemade.com/members/ignited-arts-design
PLEASE NOTE: All of my items are crafted by me, in my home studio and workshop. I am a one-man show, with no ‘production partners’ to help mass-produce any item (though I will source pawns, etc. from quality reputable dealers). Be assured that when you buy an item from me, you are getting a distinctive creation from the original maker. Given the inherent nature of the handcrafted work, time frames for more complex creations, whether the complexity is the art, the build, or a combination of both, can be extensive. Please be patient; I communicate and update customers regularly with the status of their unique creation(s).