Enjoy a rousing game of Cribbage with this beautifully handcrafted cribbage board featuring Celtic-themed artwork and in-board storage for cards and pegs. Known popularly as "Britain's National Card Game", Cribbage is a relatively 'young' game historically, but since it's creation, it has grown increasingly popular, particularly with players of card-based games. This game, created by Sir John Suckling in the early 17th century, was derived from an earlier, lesser known game called "noddy". The game of Cribbage has simple rules but intricate subtleties and tactics in gameplay that can be learned and utilized in each new game session, guaranteeing an exciting, challenging experience each time. Perfect for the avid Cribbage player and interested novice alike, this set is built to last countless games and sure to become a functional, artistic heirloom for future generations.
Pictures are provided as examples of past creations. Standard Bicycle brand cards and metal cribbage pegs are included.
• MADE TO ORDER
• HANDCRAFTED with pyrographed artwork
• FREE SHIPPING with insurance for Domestic U.S. orders
• LEAD TIME: 3 weeks (from time of purchase to shipping day; timeframes can be affected by workload, holidays, etc. – please refer to the Shop Announcement for posted info on creation time frames, or inquire via messages if a specific due date is needed).
• WOOD TYPES AVAILABLE: Cherry, Maple, Walnut [Sample Chart included in Photos] (all woods are sealed with a satin lacquer)
• EDGE STYLES AVAILABLE: Inscribed, Plain [Sample Chart included in Photos]
• ARTWORK AVAILABLE: 10 Celtic-themed, historically-inspired designs [Sample Chart included in Photos]
• MEASUREMENTS: 15x5x1.5 inches [LxWxH] (completed/assembled product)
• PLAYING PIECES/PAWNS: Standard Bicycle brand playing cards (52), and cribbage pegs, metal, in variable amounts; depending on number of players selected.
• Cribbage board created from three layers of selected hardwoods; a 3/4-inch main 'body' with a 1/8-inch bottom panel, and a 1/2-inch thick wood panel which makes up the top scoring track. The artistically decorated scoring panel pivots on a brass dowel, and is held closed by two neodymium magnets.
• Artwork is performed by hand utilizing the art of pyrography.
• Rules are not included with the board; however, there are numerous online sources offering free rules and even variant rules, the Bicycle Cards website being one such source.
• Approximate overall dimensions of the board and storage base is 15x6x1.5 (LxWxH); this size will vary slightly depending upon the number of players on the track.
• SOCIAL MEDIA / WORLD-WIDE WEB:
PLEASE NOTE: All of my items are crafted by me, in my home studio and workshop. I am a one-man show, with no ‘production partners’ to help mass-produce any item (though I will source pawns, etc. from quality reputable dealers). Be assured that when you buy an item from me, you are getting a distinctive creation from the original maker. Given the inherent nature of the handcrafted work, time frames for more complex creations, whether the complexity is the art, the build, or a combination of both, can be extensive. Please be patient; I communicate and update customers regularly with the status of their unique creation(s).
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 7 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 14 days of delivery
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Due to the nature of the majority of my work, and the typical amount of business that comes through my shop, wholesale items are not available.
Please contact me before placing an order should you desire customizations not outlined or offered in any particular listing.
During the Christmas holiday season, I can quickly become VERY busy; typically putting in 12 hour days in order to make holiday shipping deadlines.
Please plan ahead - I begin taking Christmas orders in late August, but due to workload, I will close the shop to further made-to-order requests the first week of December. Ready to ship items remain listed and ship as stated in their listing.
In the case of any custom or Made To Order item, I try very hard to meet the listed production/ship time for the listed item. However, I am a one-man shop, and the handcrafted nature of the work, particularly during busy periods, can cause delays. If you require your item by a specific date, please inquire first. I do not rush the work, as I want each piece to be exceptional and worthy to the person purchasing it. Thank you for your patience and understanding, and of course, your patronage!