“As the Wheel of Time turns, places wear many names. Men wear many names, many faces. Different faces, but always the same man. Yet no one knows the Great Pattern the Wheel weaves, or even the Pattern of an Age. We can only watch, and study, and hope.”
Inspired by Robert Jordan's "Wheel of Time" series of books is this highly detailed, handcrafted wooden Chess board, including laser-engraved game pieces engraved with appropriately related icons for each of the piece types. The game board is hand-burned with iconography and embellishments depicting the forces of the Light versus the forces of the Dark One, and would be an excellent addition to an avid fan and/or gamer's collection. Completely handcrafted and decorated, this board is a tribute to Robert Jordan's immersive series, and can be a thoughtful, unique gift for readers and game enthusiasts alike.
**The board pictured as an example is a past order featuring the "Color Enhancements" option (see below). Color is NOT included in a standard board order; the pieces, however, are stained in black and white prior to engraving.
• MADE TO ORDER
• HANDCRAFTED with pyrographed artwork and laser-engraved playing pieces
• FREE SHIPPING with insurance for Domestic U.S. orders
• LEAD TIME: 4 weeks (from time of purchase to shipping day; timeframes can be affected by workload, holidays, etc. – please refer to the Shop Announcement for posted info on creation time frames, or inquire via messages if a specific due date is needed).
• WOOD TYPES AVAILABLE: Cherry, Maple [Sample Chart included in Photos] (all woods are sealed with a satin lacquer)
• EDGE STYLES AVAILABLE: Burnt, Plain [Sample Chart included in Photos] *Trimmed, as pictured, has been discontinued.
• ARTWORK AVAILABLE: As shown; requests for alternate faction/character icons are welcome! Please message me prior to ordering!
• MEASUREMENTS: 15x15x1 inches [LxWxH] (completed/assembled product)
• PLAYING PIECES/PAWNS: 32 checker-type pieces, using icons as well as specific shapes to denote the traditional Chess equivalent (cotton drawstring bag for storage as well as a printed "piece key" are included)
• UPGRADES / ACCESSORIES:
Color Enhancements - add colorful details to your board:
• ADDITIONAL NOTES / INFO: Diversified squares are 1.375-inches each, for a play area of 11-inches square. Grid is not tournament-sized for traditional Chess and the use of tournament sized pieces. Pieces are various sizes and shapes; and in the case of the King and Queen, different heights as well.
• SOCIAL MEDIA / WORLD-WIDE WEB:
PLEASE NOTE: All of my items are crafted by me, in my home studio and workshop. I am a one-man show, with no ‘production partners’ to help mass-produce any item (though I will source pawns, etc. from quality reputable dealers). Be assured that when you buy an item from me, you are getting a distinctive creation from the original maker. Given the inherent nature of the handcrafted work, time frames for more complex creations, whether the complexity is the art, the build, or a combination of both, can be extensive. Please be patient; I communicate and update customers regularly with the status of their unique creation(s).
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 7 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 14 days of delivery
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Due to the nature of the majority of my work, and the typical amount of business that comes through my shop, wholesale items are not available.
Please contact me before placing an order should you desire customizations not outlined or offered in any particular listing.
During the Christmas holiday season, I can quickly become VERY busy; typically putting in 12 hour days in order to make holiday shipping deadlines.
Please plan ahead - I begin taking Christmas orders in late August, but due to workload, I will close the shop to further made-to-order requests the first week of December. Ready to ship items remain listed and ship as stated in their listing.
In the case of any custom or Made To Order item, I try very hard to meet the listed production/ship time for the listed item. However, I am a one-man shop, and the handcrafted nature of the work, particularly during busy periods, can cause delays. If you require your item by a specific date, please inquire first. I do not rush the work, as I want each piece to be exceptional and worthy to the person purchasing it. Thank you for your patience and understanding, and of course, your patronage!